Automount/Autofs help.

Chad LaFarge chad at clafarge.com
Mon Mar 13 00:47:09 CST 2000

NOT an "educated" guess... just a plain'ole thought:

Do you suppose that, if you've already installed the patch and it still
doesn't function properly, there might be a way to (1) programmatically
address different slots as elements of an array, or (2) control the slots
through a script addressing the drive's input.

Could you create links on your desktop to automount the desired slot by
addressing it as a device array?  I don't how the drivers are written, but
it seems logical to me.

I might be overcomplicating things, but if you knew how the CDROMs driver
addressed the changer to bring forward different slots, then you might be
able to write a script to [unmount the current slot, change slots, and mount
the current (changed) slot to the desired mount point].

Is that too wacky?  I'm new here... the bar is low.

Chad LaFarge