Web site development

Chris Midkiff cmidkiff at kc.rr.com
Thu Jan 20 03:47:24 CST 2000

Glad to have your input on the site design.  I wish I had seen your original
post (must have slipped by).  It would have saved me some typing.  I hate
to critique in public, but. (uh oh, here it comes...)

I guess I'm from the old school, but I believe in not using pictures where
text will do.  Use bandwidth carefully.   I guess most people have 56k
connections, (heck, I have a cable modem myself), but I think the principal
still applies. Don't get me wrong,  I think the 3d-looking title image and
links look great, and I know they are not very big. I guess it's just a "pet
peeve" of mine.

I would be willing to scrap what little I have done, and help the group
get your base up and running. The objective here is for KCLUG to have the best
site possible. It is, after all, representing all of us, and the Linux
community as well.

A little about myself, since I am not well known to the group.  Most of my html
is stuff I learned years ago.  I have not had the time to really use it, and I
know I've fallen behind the times.  The only active stuff I have ever done is
plain java.  There's a little "Helper" applet at

http://home.kc.rr.com/cmidkiff/color.html

(feel free to have a look) that I wrote several years ago.  Currently, I am a
network admin/programmer.  The programming is (unfortunately) in M$ C++ and
(cringe) VB.  I guess I really should go to the next meeting, I keep meaning
to...

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, you wrote:
> I'm glad to see this topic has started to turn in a positive
> direction!  Here's a few more thoughts on the website...
<snip>

--
<insert silly little sig>
Chris Midkiff