Web site development

Robert Berg robert at kclinux.com
Thu Jan 20 01:57:20 CST 2000

I'm glad to see this topic has started to turn in a positive
direction!  Here's a few more thoughts on the website...

Not too long before the whole website discussion got started Rich
Minear asked for volunteers to take over development of the kclug.org
website.  We (kclinux.com) got in touch with Rich and he asked me to
come up with some ideas.  So, we put up the following template:
http://www.kclinux.com/kclug and everyone seemed to like it.  Then, I
asked the list what else they would like to see on the site and there
were a few responses (which I did take note of) but not as many as I
expected.  So, things have kinda stalled there... Infact, Aaron may
have never seen the old site except I think Rich has been too busy to
get back in touch with me to give me the login information for the web
server.

Anyway... I hate to re-state someone else's point here... but, like
Chris Midkiff said/implied earlier... we really need to officially
nominate someone to take over development the site or at the very
least co-ordinate the development by others.  I think the best way to
do that would be at the next LUG meeting... unless someone else has
another idea...

Regards,
Robert Berg
http://www.kclinux.com
It said: 'Windows 95 or better',
So, I installed Linux! :)

On 1/19/00, 6:27:40 PM, Aaron Norton <anorton98 at earthlink.net> wrote
regarding Re: kclug - Web site development: