lost printer port in upgrade

Thomas, Leonard ThomasLe at umkc.edu
Mon Jan 17 19:05:25 CST 2000

I was able to get the RH upgrade done going from 5.2 to 6.1.  Only took 2 hours
of searching there web page to find my problem.  Unfortunately I now have a
different problem.  I or the system can not find the printer port.  When trying
to configure my printer I get the message that it can not fine lp0, lp1 or lp2.
Any ideas on how to proceed would be appreciated.  I have an HP DeskJet on the
port and it worked just fine under RH5.2.

I think something like this was addressed a couple of months ago, but I can't
find the relevant messages in my very overcrowded mail folders.

Len

Leonard M. Thomas
University of Missouri - Kansas City
School of Biological Sciences