recursive algorithms

Randy Rathbun rathbun at spamcop.net
Thu Sep 30 14:33:08 CDT 1999

One book I have that I use a lot is called "Intermediate Problem Solving and Data Structures: Walls
and Mirrors" by Helman, Veroff and Carrano. The book is all PASCAL, but the stuff in it applies to
everything. It covers linked lists, data abstraction, recursion, algorithm efficiency, stacks,
queues, tables, trees, graphs, priority queues and heaps. It is one of my most used books (and I
really should replace it with a new copy). The b-tree stuff is the most useful in it, imho, but the
stuff about Big-O notation is great as well.