Do you know if communications companies offering digital high speed service plan to support Linux?

CYBERAARON cyberaaron at grapevine.net
Fri Sep 24 23:22:56 CDT 1999

I don't know about US West, but SWBell just dropped the equipment off and said
"see ya"  They will do a single machine install but WILL NOT plug the router
into a hub.  As far as the setup on a Linux Machine, I have static IP
addresses so a monkey could do the setup, however, the SWBell guy was even
afraid of my Windows Box.  The nice thing about Linux is that you really
shouldn't need support so I wouldn't worry about the phone company.  If for
some reason, you have problems, just post it to the mailing list and I'm sure
someone will come running.