Do you know if communications companies offering digital high speed service plan to support Linux?

Pat Miller pert at tas-kc.com
Sat Sep 25 03:17:45 CDT 1999

CYBERAARON wrote:
<snip>
> They will do a single machine install but WILL NOT plug the router
> into a hub.  As far as the setup on a Linux Machine, I have static IP
> addresses so a monkey could do the setup, however, the SWBell guy was even
> afraid of my Windows Box.
<snip>

I know your using grapevine, but the real question is if someone plugs
in a hub do we get a second IP via dhcp. That is either with static or
just dhcp. The Road Runner infomercal shows several people in the house
online at the same time, but in general I don't hear about multiple
computers via the local broadband. Common knowledge had said it was
discouraged.