PHP install -- web hosting recommendations

Michael Procter procter at socket.net
Tue Nov 9 15:41:00 CST 1999

Bradley Miller wrote:

> My first question is -- who has installed PHP and has a good set of
> directions to do it?   I installed RH 6.1 as a server the first time, but
> wanted to experiment with KDE.  I wiped that install and figured I could
> add Apache/PHP/mySQL at a later date.   Now I'm ready to put those back,
> but I can't find a RPM of PHP.   I'm not quite sure of how to install or
> even get PHP from another souce and "make" it.    Ugh!

You can find notes from a presentation we had at MLUG in Columbia in September
here:

http://mlug.missouri.edu/Presentations/2-september-1999.html

Ryan Gaul, rgaul at hal.mizzou.net, did a presentation at our Open Source Expo
and might have notes available for that as well.  I'm sure he would be glad to
answer questions, too.

http://hal.mizzou.net/about_ryan.shtml

--
Michael Procter