OT (sort-of): Linux used to virus-check Windoze computers? (was Re: LiveCD list)

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Feb 24 16:13:00 CST 2004

On Monday, February 23, 2004 02:08 pm, Leo J Mauler wrote:

<blah, blah, blah, blah>

> So I'm curious: has anyone created a Linux LiveCD which boots up and then
> has an application which can virus-scan Windoze systems?

Funny, I thought we'd discussed this just days ago:

ftp://ftp.bitdefender.com/pub/linux/free/LinuxDefender/

I would allow at least an hour for a full scan.  Delete as much temporary
stuff as you can, IE cache files, temp directories, etc.

If your friend has a RoadRunner connection and is not running current
Anti-Virus software and a firewall, please break his modem - for all our
sakes.