sccs 2 rcs

Ben Coffman ben_coffman at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 16:19:41 CST 2004

This is a good idea, but within the sccs2rcs script it creates a RCS and an
OLD-SCCS directory.  The sccs2rcs script automatically assumes that all my
old sccs files are going to be in one flat folder and no subdirectories.
Conseqently in each folder if it does not locate a RCS or OLD-SCCS directory
it creates these folders in which the "find" goes into and then it creates
the folders again, thus causing a never ending recursive loop.

My next idea was to edit the CSH script so that it does not create these
folders and simply converts the file.  The perl script wrapped around it
will do all of the directory making and file moving from the SCCS folder to
the RCS folder.

My question being, is there an easy way to traverse down a directory in
perl, or do I need to create this script from scratch?

Ben Coffman wrote:
>While trying to convert my old sccs system to a cvs system, I found that I
>needed to run a script called "sccs2rcs." This script works great except
>for the fact that it does not recurse directories.  The script was writen
>in csh.
>
>The only idea I could come up with was to write a perl script that recurses
>through the directories and calls the sccs2rcs script when needed.
>
>Is idea within reason?
>
>Or is there a better way to use the sccs2rcs script?

Find is your friend...try:

$find /code-archive -type d -exec sccs2rcs {} ;

(assumes you can run "sccs2rcs <dir>" and have <dir> converted to cvs
format).

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net