JavaScript in Mozilla not working right in M$ OS

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Feb 20 20:24:26 CST 2004

Since it is a page your company made, you might ask if the webserver is checking browser id
strings.  And then beat on the web designer to be compliant with multiple browsers.

I just mentioned the JRE thing, because I remembered you recently mucking about w/ that.   Are you
using the latest Mozilla browser?  I just installed Firefox 0.8.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Brian Densmore" <> 02/20/04 01:59PM >>>

1) JavaScript has nothing to do with java. A lot of people either
forget that or don't know it.
Java was created by Sun.
JavaScript was created by Netscape,

and they got permission from Sun to use Java in the name.
JavaScript as far as I know is built into Mozilla. But again M$
has their own stinking version. And this is the kicker. If I
launch Explorer and try the JavaScript buttons on this particular
website (one my company made) it works. But not if I use Mozilla!

2) I turned on everything I could think of and still no luck.

Maybe there is some plug-in that says "imitate stupid M$ JavaScript"?

Thanks,
Brian