Java and browsers

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Fri Feb 6 21:24:01 CST 2004

Several response in here:

Yeah, it told me: package? what package? I don't see no stinking package!
Since I use apt-get to install stuff, I have no clue where apt sticks
the packages it install to I can't list the package.

haven't done a locate or find yet. I generally try to avoid them as
I generally start out too broad and it runs forever.

> Looking at this:
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=java&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensit
ive&version=stable&arch=i386
> there are 151 pages of java stuff.  If you have the Java SDK,
Yeah tell me about it!

> it could be in /etc/jdk1.1 or
Wow, I never thought to look in /etc for java!!!!

> look in /usr/bin/java-vm or
nope

> /usr/lib/jdk1.1 or
nope