New to KCLUG

Kevin Wehner kevinwehner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 2 23:55:07 CST 2004

Hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the list. I'm a longtime Windows user
(since 3.0!). I've worked as a computer support professional, network
administrator, and currently I'm a software tester for a non-profit
organization. I recently became interested in Linux and started off by
playing with some of the Live CD distributions (MEPIS & SLAX were the
best). I went ahead and purchased SuSE Linux Professional 9.0 - I'm dual
booting it and Windows XP. SuSE was almost too easy - it detected all my
hardware and about the only challenge was configuring my DSL connection.
I've got a lot of questions about Linux, but I'll trouble you with those
later. :-)Anyway... I hope to attend a meeting and meet some of you
soon! Thanks!

Kevin