Where to find old/cheap hardware in KC (WAS: RE: DamnSmallLinux on Retro hardware)

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Wed Feb 4 01:45:59 CST 2004

Jon wrote:

> Hasn't anyone here heard of www.surplusexchange.org ?  They have a lot
> of old/used hardware, at VERY good prices if you like to haggle and
> know your beans as well or better than they do.  For those who have
> never heard of them, they are a not-for-profit office equipment
> recycling organization, housed in 70,000sq/ft of space just off the
> 12th ST bridge, not far from the sports arena.

I personally never found anything there worth having at a decent price.
  I just stopped going.  I used to work by there.  They had several way
outdated whole systems priced at $350.  That was back in the P-I/P-II
days.  I did look on the 3rd floor and just found jumbles of cables.
Maybe it has changed or maybe I just went at the wrong time.