Never ceases to amaze

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Apr 8 13:44:06 CDT 2003

Umm, just to set the record straight. It's not that Windoze is better
(or was better) than Linux in the plug and play arena. It's that
Microsoft
has made the manufacturers of add-in cards comply with their specs. In
addition some manufacturers have had 20 year relationships with M$ and
have
seen the source code and have been writing drivers for Windoze for many
years.
Most manufacturers still don't write driver software for Linux. The fact
that
Linux can do plug and play without the aid of those companies speaks
loads
to the capability of Linux. But that said, Linux still has some ways to
go
to be a total Windoze replacement for the general population. Not far
though.

> say this... There are just some things WINDOWS is still BETTER at.
> Course there are also some things that Linux is much better at than
> Windows but in some cases its merely circumstantial.

And I won't even go down that road to critique that totally evil XP
monster.
KEEP IT THE H*** AWAY FROM ME!
I'm wearing a cross!
Don't make me get my Garlic out!