new to linux

Scott Long link at kansastubacrew.com
Fri Apr 4 04:28:50 CST 2003

I love Gentoo just as much as the next guy (unless I'm sitting between
two RedHat fans), but do you think it's the best distro for someone just
starting out in Linux?  I mean, you can throw 'em in the deep end and
let 'em go, and they'll probably survive...but isn't there a better
chance of them enjoying the experience and continuing it with something
like Mandrake?

Scott