Browsers...

Kevin Hodle kevinh at aos5.com
Thu Apr 3 19:01:12 CST 2003

Relative to mozilla (and friends), its at your own risk.  But, also,
compared to IE, its also at your own risk.  Even though I do not use IE,
you can set extremely paranoid security/script settings (zones or
something like that? :), and not have to worry about most of the IE
related vulnerabilitys.  Microsoft is also pretty good about releasing
patches for IE in a timely manner, since so many companys rely on it.
Opera, on the other hand, had a hand full of vulnerabilitys that could
be exploited regardless of the security settings in the browser, and
they also did not fix half of the vulnerabilitys with their latest
release like they were supposed to.  Don't get me wrong, I think opera
is a great browser, with many portions of the code written in ASM, it
pretty much takes the cake for overall speed (however apple's new safari
browser looks like it will smoke even opera).  Hopefully in the future
they will spend more time doing code audits BEFORE they release new
versions.

Kevin Hodle
CCNA, Network+, A+
Alexander Open Systems