OT: Stellar tech to ignite big-bang project

Parker, Ron rdparker at butlermfg.com
Thu Apr 3 17:18:59 CST 2003

That would leave a bad taste in your mouth.

But seriously, I am assuming this whole thread is a joke.  I've worked with
the guy that ran the 32Ki-processor Thinking Machine used to design the
F-117.  The biggest issues were in optimizing the shape to minimize the
radar cross section across a number of frequencies.  Just a hint at the
scale of the computations they ran, you try dividing two 75,000 x 75,000
element matrices to compute the radar backscattering going on.

Just for fun, they used to run real-time full screen ray tracing scenes
during down time, streaming the output at I think 60fps to their drive
array.