Trinity-desktop

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Nov 14 13:26:53 CST 2011

I tried out the Trinity Desktop Project this weekend on Debian Lenny.  Trinity
is an attempt to continue development and bugfixes on KDE3 for distributions
that are moving to KDE4.

I would not recommend it on Lenny.  It didn't make a DM entry for the old KDE,
it preserved but did not import user settings.  Kmail kept crashing, and I
could not run the old kmail remotely over ssh.

On removing all the trinity packages (aptitude purge ~ntrinity), kdm had
problems determining what session to start.  Fortunately, I was able to go
through it's session menu and get back to the old KDE.