Linux-friendly Bluetooth dongle?

Kelsay, Brian - OCIO-ITS, Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Nov 9 10:17:11 CST 2011

You should be able to get any generic Bluetooth dongle and have it work.  There are only 2 or 3 possible chips in the dongles based on some reading I did a few years ago.  Same goes for USB device controller chips.

I had a generic BT from some PC parts reseller site, that I got for $5-6 and Ubuntu recognized it immediately.  This was about 2 years ago.  I was plugging it in just to see if it would work.  YMMV

Brian Kelsay