Dreamhost

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Mar 30 14:01:53 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 30 March 2011 01:48:18 pm David Ambs wrote:
> I manage two sites that are at dreamhost. The downtime used to be insanely
> high, talking hours per month. About a year ago, his account was moved to
> a new server, 8 core Xeon box. The site response time has gone down quite
> a bit, and the server load in general is a lot more appealing than in the
> past.

That sounds like what I found on various forums - lots of outage complaints
from 2006-2008, nothing more recent.

A big concern is mail, with decent spam filtering (no over-blocking) and not
being blocked outbound.  Web site's pretty trivial.  Budget is $40/mo or
less, needs to have responsive support.

The web page is flat html and we only need 3 mailboxes.