Bank websites

Hal Duston hald at kc.rr.com
Thu Oct 7 11:18:33 CDT 2010

Personally I blame the SEC.  Emphasis mine.

Eligibility Requirements

"By their nature, investing in an IPO is a risky and speculative
investment.  Brokerage firms MUST consider if the IPO is appropriate for
individual investors in light of their income and net worth, investment
objectives, other securities holdings, risk tolerance, and other
factors. A firm MAY NOT sell IPO shares to an individual investor unless
it has determined the investment is suitable for that particular
investor."

Modified:11/24/1999

http://www.sec.gov/answers/ipodiff.htm

Thanks,