London Stock Exchange dumps Windows for Linux

Haworth, Michael A. Michael_Haworth at pas-technologies.com
Thu Oct 8 14:51:00 CDT 2009

Baby-steps...

Michael Haworth
ESSM - PAS Technologies Inc.
D: (816) 556-5157
M: (816) 585-1033

-----Original Message-----
From: kclug-bounces at kclug.org [mailto:kclug-bounces at kclug.org] On Behalf Of Jestin Stoffel
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2009 2:47 PM
To: kclug at kclug.org
Subject: Re: London Stock Exchange dumps Windows for Linux

This is a huge win for Linux, but I always find these stories to be
bittersweet.  Anyone "in the know" is already aware that Linux is great
for enterprise and server level applications, but I'd prefer to see a
big win for the Linux desktop.  Where is the "Corporation X Switches all
Desktops to Linux" story I've been waiting to hear?  There have been a
few, but just not enough.