London Stock Exchange dumps Windows for Linux

Jestin Stoffel jestin.stoffel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:47:19 CDT 2009

This is a huge win for Linux, but I always find these stories to be
bittersweet.  Anyone "in the know" is already aware that Linux is great
for enterprise and server level applications, but I'd prefer to see a
big win for the Linux desktop.  Where is the "Corporation X Switches all
Desktops to Linux" story I've been waiting to hear?  There have been a
few, but just not enough.