Linux computer source in Kansas City area?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.net
Thu Oct 1 19:41:17 CDT 2009

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009, Bob Batson wrote:

> Are there any sources for desktop computers either sold or built in the
> Kansas City area that are designed to run Linux?

Many retail computers do come with the Linux kernel, but the Linux
distribution is likely not what you want!

Most people install their own.  Some distributions work on the latest
computers and others have incomplete hardware drivers.  Its a hit and
miss.

If I remember right, I bought this Acer Aspire One from Microcenter with
Linpus Linux, but promptly wiped it and installed Gentoo.  Or was that the
eeepc...  I bought a few from Walmart that came with that crazy
distribution of Linux too, but they all got a fresh CD install of another
flavor of the day.

-=Duane
http://www.dattaway.net