"How do you deal with difficult people?"

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 23:10:41 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM, Jon Pruente <jdpruente at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there's anything I've learned, the customer is NOT always right.  Quite
> often they are lying, cheating, stealin' low-lifes that need to be taken
> care of before they cause a scene.  A clerk or associate can't please
> everyone because some people aren't there to get thigns set right, they are
> there to take advange of the situation.

Yes, that's very true.  However, the issue is that, in general, every P.O.'d
customer tells 10 of his or her friends about their negative experience, and
that word of mouth keeps people away from your business.

How many people, on average, does a satisfied customer tell about their
experiences with you?

1.

So even if the customer is absolutely in the wrong, it's sometimes
less expensive to just give them the pacifier they're looking for.

--
Chris