Reiser FS or ext3?

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 01:44:41 CDT 2008

I think you missed my point, but whatever.  ReiserFS is open source - just
because the guy is in prison doesn't mean the filesystem is "incredibly
dead".  I certainly agree that losing its chief advocate (and original
author) poses a serious problem for the development effort, but many other
open source projects have had similar losses of leadership in the past and
have yet survived.  My point was that the "Nancy Grace" extras really don't
have much to do with the software itself.

Regardless, I personally recommend that folks use ext3 unless they have
special, high-end requirements.  I'm not sure if the original poster's
version of SuSE supports ext3 (I've never followed SuSE closely), but if it
doesn't I'd recommend that he upgrade to a version that does.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that