Fluke Remote not working

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Tue Sep 9 15:39:39 CDT 2008

I've got a Fluke DSP-100 LAN Cablemeter that someone here at work said I
could fiddle with and try to use it for troubleshooting.  The device
sends a signal to a remote to figure out cable length and attenuation,
check for breaks, etc.   I'm thinking that the remote is not working.
I put a known good cable  between the devices, charged up the Fluke and
put a fresh 9V battery in the remote, but none of the lights on the
remote come on.

Remote is a DSP-R Standard Remote and h as 3 lights on it (Pass, Test,
Fail).   The remote has no switches or buttons on it, but since the
battery back is taped on, it may have been dropped at some point.

Any ideas on getting this sucker to work?

Brian Kelsay