Getting my SCSI scanner to work with SuSE 10.2

gary hildebrand wa7kkp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 13:34:00 CDT 2008

Been a long time since I've had to go outside of my head to solve problems,
but here goes . . .

My HP Scanject 4P works fine with SuSE 8.2, but with 10.2 something isn't
communicating in a config file somewhere.  Kooka works fine on the old
distro, but NADA on the new.

Does anyone know of what config file I have to edit to get it to find the
scanner?

I went through the hassle with Kaffeine not playing MPEG movies, and got
that squared away.  Just fix the scanner and I'll be as happy as a pig in a
mud puddle.

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO