Google Chrome

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 07:29:12 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought (assuming their speed improvements were real) the JavaScript
> engine they wrote will probably be useful to other browsers if nothing
> else.  How long will it be until they start using our browser history
> to target ads... uh, I mean sponsored links!!!

I tested Chrome on a single core 1.8GHz laptop and the V8 engine ran
the Google benchmarks at 1200, while FF3 on the same machine ran it at
11-120.  At least on the benchmarks they made an order of magnitude
jump.  Nifty feature-wise I like he lack of status bar by using
fade-in tool-tip style balloons at the bottom for link destinations.
That saves several pixels of height, which helps the widescreen crowd,
esp. thge netbook segment.

Jon.