DVDneXtCOPY iTurns Removes iTunes DRM with Virtual CD Burner

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 15:57:28 CDT 2008

Leo, a "listening" test doesn't mean very much.  The higher bitrate songs
are often preferred by audiophiles, who actually have higher end equipment
that can make better use of the better quality.  Just because you can't hear
a difference on an iPod with tiny headphones with no bass doesn't mean
they're not better.  And as Jon said, they were testing a rip from a CD,
which is already lossy.  The files sold by Apple via iTunes are from the
digital master, not a CD.

Your quote: "Apple would never have reached where it is today in the online
music business without DRM" is also ridiculous - there WASN'T a online music
business before they invented it.  They got where they are today because
they built that business, and they were able to convince the major labels to
release music online... and those labels mandated DRM.

But we digress.  You hate DRM.  Don't buy from Apple then.  Get off it
already.  Move on to some other crazy position.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that