A question about the "how to make it work" issue of my week.

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 17:52:23 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Justin Dugger <jldugger at gmail.com> wrote:

> > So /after/ ITEC then?  :-(
>
> The Ubuntu schedule is published well in advance, and currently slated
> for the 31st.  Sorry if that conflicts with your trade show.  You
> could hand out betas if you really wanted to.  But it's not like
> you'll see anyone else handing out Free software, brand new or six
> months old.

We never want to hand out Ubuntu *.10 at ITEC, precisely because it's a new
release that will have bugs that couldn't be caught in beta, due to the lack
of any beta-testers with the exact combinations of hardware and software
that triggers those bugs.  When we give CDs to people, I like to give a
mature release that's already had six months of bug fixes.  That way their
first exposure to Linux won't be full of FAIL.