A question about the "how to make it work" issue of my week.

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 14 02:10:05 CDT 2008

--- On Mon, 10/13/08, Justin Dugger <jldugger at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Leo Mauler
> <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > --- On Mon, 10/13/08, Justin Dugger
> <jldugger at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ubuntu has some pretty good stuff coming up
> >> at the end of the month:
> >
> > So /after/ ITEC then?  :-(
>
> The Ubuntu schedule is published well in advance,

I know, it was just one of those "waah waah waaaaa" moments...  ;-)

> and currently slated for the 31st.  Sorry if that
> conflicts with your trade show.  You could hand
> out betas if you really wanted to.  But it's
> not like you'll see anyone else handing out Free
> software, brand new or six months old.

The big reason I dropped all other distros in favor of Debian/Ubuntu was due to the very easy deb package managers and the nifty automatic updates.  Handing out an Ubuntu LiveCD means that you know they'll have the most current stuff the instant the most current stuff becomes available, even if the major update occurs a few weeks after the show.