A quite on topic comment regarding "just plain works" as a goal

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 08:40:38 CDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:29 AM, Oren Beck <orenbeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am damned if I have easy answers beyond the warning scream that if
> at ITEC for example a walkerby or lookylou idly punches up their
> favorite website on a demo Linux machine- and they see "placeholders"
> or "click to see image" or anything other than the site rendering as
> it does on their Flash laden home machine- WE FAIL.and so does
> Linux... Same with Audio.

Fail?  I don't think so.  Success or failure depends on the criteria
of evaluation.  If one is presenting "An alternative web browsing
experience without all that intruding multimedia!" you have described
a successful demonstration.

Its not like you get your geek points revoked if the bump in slashdot
registrations after ITEC is under your quota.

--
Funny Quote of the Day - Woody Allen - "Life doesn't imitate art, it
imitates bad television."