Midrange Web Browser? (between Firefox and Dillo)

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 12:03:36 CDT 2008

--- On Mon, 10/6/08, Sean Crago <cragos at gmail.com> wrote:

> That said, the first thing I'd try is installing
> FlashBlock and ad blocking plugins on your existing
> Firefox install. That generally does the trick for
> me, on these older machines. It's not the browser
> but the poorly designed/over-designed flash ads that
> tend to cause the vast majority of the problem.

Since I had no interest in Flash to begin with, I didn't install Flash.  The difficulty there is that I can't figure out how to tell Firefox that I'm not interested in Flash, as Firefox keeps "helpfully" pointing out that Flash is not installed and the webpage "needs" Flash to be installed.

> Of course, there's always Lynx if the above doesn't
> work.

I may not desire Flash, but I still want to occasionally see images (load images by default is of course turned off).  I've heard that an alternative text-only browser, Links, can do images, but I know Lynx can't do images.