Conversion to Linux

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 01:38:02 CDT 2008

Yes, but if he has a specific need to support Exchange 2007, he can rebuild
the Samba 4 and Evolution packages that will ship in Fedora 10 (and are
available now in the beta) on his RHEL 5.x systems.  Considering that I
don't believe any other major distributions are shipping Samba 4, rebuilding
for RHEL 5.x would be much easier than repackaging them for something else.

Also, I was recommending that he use Fedora on the desktop, so he probably
wouldn't have to do any work at all, as Fedora 10 will be out long before
he'd deploy.  Besides, he doesn't need Samba 4 on his servers for what he's
looking to do.

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that