Ubuntu

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 16:37:27 CDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Jeffrey Watts
<jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted in response to Jonathan's comments.  You then apparently
>  thought it was posted in response to you.  You then defended his
>  comments, and I rebutted.  Please check my earlier post, I think you
>  got confused in the thread a little bit.  :)
>
>  As far as your observation goes, you acknowledge that it's anecdotal.
>  I can probably produce anecdotal accounts one way or another on a huge
>  range of issues, but as we all know anecdotal accounts aren't really
>  useful when trying to make generalizations.
>
>  Jeffrey.
>

>  On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  And did I say it was representative of the entire community? I
>  >  SPECIFICALLY said I was commenting about those that I observed.
>  >
>  [ ... snip ... ]
>

>  >  I never said that in the first place. What are you talking about?
>
>  --
>

> "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy
>  from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a
>  precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine

OK- here's something directly on the KDE VS Gnome issue/s. DVD
ubiquity has now made it almost trivial to package *BOTH* environments
on distribution media.
And large hard drives make "installing" both desktop/UI realms equally
trivial. The undiscussed kudos for Ubuntu
wil be discussed after more awareness of THIS::

http://www.linuxidentity.com/us/

Read the writeup about their Ubuntu family issue..

It comes in the form of a magazine containing a 2 DVD set. Basic
explanation -one 32 bit,one 64 bit of the various Ubuntu flavors.

Get them. Evaluate them. Then after we all do so we might be able to
have some experiential base to comment from intelligently. Oh, PLEASE
do NOT take that out of context as derogatory! consider it more as
explanation of how I try to self direct whenever possible.

"When did Autodidact's become an endangered species?"

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645