Ubuntu

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 21:01:29 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 8:54 PM, feba thatl <febaen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:22 PM, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:49 PM, feba thatl <febaen at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > >  you wouldn't
>  >  >  tell someone that driving an SUV is like driving a moving van, but
>  >  >  they both use the same basic skills.
>  >
>  >  If one was trying to sell a SUV to someone who was comfortable with
>  >  a moving van, one very will might tell them that.
>  >

>  If you prefer lying for short term sales instead of being honest for
>  long term customer satisfaction, perhaps. But I think the reason most
>  of us are here in the first place is because we're tired of being
>  screwed over by someone we're supposedly paying for a quality product,
>  dishonesty doesn't suit our community.

I think calling it lying is a bit far for what is being said here.
How is is lying to say that driving a large passenger vehicle is like
driving large truck?  Except for the size of the vehicle all standard
skills of driving apply in about the same way.  Now, if you are
wondering where your 6 friends are supposed to be riding in the moving
van and are lied to about  it, that's a valid complaint.

Jon.