Organization Poll on the KCLUG Forums

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 11:32:04 CDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:
> There is no question. The LUG needs formal organization. First and
>  foremost, There needs to be an official 'position' of authority, and a
>  fallback person for when the primary is unavailable.

>  I think voting in person at a meeting is the best route. What are your thoughts?
>
>  Once chosen, the leader should be responsible for:
>
>       - LUG website
>       - Mailinglist
>       - Planning for LUG growth
>       - Scheduling actual topics, or goals for the LUG
>       - Events

We could title said person "Den Mother"  :)

that said, I've got some half-written infrastructure for holding weighted
ranked approval voting operations which is one of my niche business
projects for virtual organizations;  in case anyone would like to take
it over from me and talk about requirements for doing web-based
weighted ranked approval voting (wikipedia is a really good resource
on approval voting and the various explored configurations and their
strengths and weaknesses; including the kind that is used to
select, for instance, the secretary general of the UN) please contact
me off-list and

--
imagine the possibilities
http://www.republicoflakotah.com/faq2.html