Catholics are the one true religion? (Was Re: Recycling subject lines saves trees)

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:34:40 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 March 2008, James Sissel wrote:
> >   Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
> > Matt 16:18, Our Lord appoints St. Peter to be the first pope and
> promises
> > that that Satan will never at any time prevail over the Church.
> >
> Matthew 16:18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I
>               will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not
> prevail
>              against it.
>
> >   Funny, I don't see the word Pope in there, nor Catholic.
>
> 18 "Thou art Peter"... As St. Peter, by divine revelation, here made a
> solemn
> profession of his faith of the divinity of Christ; so in recompense of
> this
> faith and profession, our Lord here declares to him the dignity to which
> he
> is pleased to raise him: viz., that he to whom he had already given the
> name
> of Peter, signifying a rock, St. John 1. 42, should be a rock indeed, of
> invincible strength, for the support of the building of the church; in
> which
> building he should be, next to Christ himself, the chief foundation stone,
> in
> quality of chief pastor, ruler, and governor; and should have accordingly
> all
> fulness of ecclesiastical power, signified by the keys of the kingdom of
> heaven.
>
>  18 "Upon this rock"... The words of Christ to Peter, spoken in the vulgar
> language of the Jews which our Lord made use of, were the same as if he
> had
> said in English, Thou art a Rock, and upon this rock I will build my
> church.
> So that, by the plain course of the words, Peter is here declared to be
> the
> rock, upon which the church was to be built: Christ himself being both the
> principal foundation and founder of the same. Where also note, that
> Christ,
> by building his house, that is, his church, upon a rock, has thereby
> secured
> it against all storms and floods, like the wise builder, St. Matt. 7. 24,
> 25.
>
>  18 "The gates of hell"... That is, the powers of darkness, and whatever
> Satan
> can do, either by himself, or his agents. For as the church is here
> likened
> to a house, or fortress, built on a rock; so the adverse powers are
> likened
> to a contrary house or fortress, the gates of which, that is, the whole
> strength, and all the efforts it can make, will never be able to prevail
> over
> the city or church of Christ. By this promise we are fully assured, that
> neither idolatry, heresy, nor any pernicious error whatsoever shall at any
> [...]

With due deference to those holding a theological symposium . Perhaps we may
spawn a list "filter?" or similar to allow a proper forum for the
Judeo-Christian canon dissertations.
Yet there IS a matter of what here passes for HERESY! And that being
casually voiced by one who may not have grasped their trifling with the
darkness itself.
I must warn of a damnable blasphemy and apostate  SIN.

"No matter how "evil" Micro$oft is ... Linux is not the one true OS".

Friends- THERE we see a grave risk of perdition.

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645