Recycling subject lines saves trees

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 14:53:13 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO <
brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov> wrote:

>  Sounded like a bit of good-natured fun to me. :-)

It's situation based. In some non-task focused discussions topic/subject
drift can be a VERY useful tool. In a needing to be structured situation it
can frankly wreck historical review value.Trying to use a list archive for
problem solving Vs nominal chat is indeed going to change one's feelings on
the concept. SO- if we are flogging a political or social dead horse it's
less deadly to drift topic/subject lines.

IF we are working on something of future search value then managing subject
line to content relationship IS important.
And if not? The dangling bit intentional of course..

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645