Where to get laptop batteries? Also, Ubuntu deployment at bookstore...

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 11:17:18 CST 2008

I buy mine on ebay, or at least did.  If you can find original (new)
batteries for a good price on ebay, do it.  I have had good luck with
the seller "Lark Battery".  I bought two "re certified" batteries off
ebay, and neither would hold much of a charge.  They also didn't fit
as smoothly as authentic new batteries did.  It was a costly mistake.
If you are going to use your laptop batteries, spending a little more
to get new, and authentic from the laptop manufacturer ones is worth
it.

Locally I've used a supplier in fairfax called "Wholesale batteries
Inc."  They are great for UPS and larger batteries.  I bought four
that I could barely carry for a UPS renovation, and they still run for
an hour without draining noticeably with about 10-15A 120v load.

Also, Electronic Supply of Kansas City, on Main downtown
(816-931-0250) is pretty good but only open during prime business
hours.