Where to get laptop batteries? Also, Ubuntu deployment at bookstore...

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 01:41:04 CST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:18 AM, Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
> Can anybody point me to a reputable place online (or locally) where I
>  can buy a replacement battery for a Toshiba laptop? This is the first
>  time I've had to replace a laptop battery.

I get my batteries from eBay -- for better or worse. I have had
problems, but I'm pretty sure the fault is with my old laptop and not
the batteries themselves.

>  I also want to share news that we've set up an Ubuntu network at our
>  bookstore and infoshop at 3109 Troost. We're making available a public
>  Internet access terminal that is running Ubuntu. Our other computers in
>  the building are also running Ubuntu. We also offer free WiFi.

Sweet, I'm going to have to swing by some time.

If you don't already have all your software needs covered, I think
i've seen some apps at kde-apps.org which may or may not suite your
needs.

>  Our next project is to set up a community computing lab in the building
>  which will mostly be running Linux. We welcome donations of equipment.
>  We mostly need CAT5 cable at this point.

Good luck... not going through the best of times myself.

>  Please come by and check us out:

Will try.

( www.pembo13.com )