win95/98/ME and printers. An ethics issue comparable to DRM servers or not?

Bradley Hook bhook at kssb.net
Wed Jul 30 16:03:21 CDT 2008

Semi-off-topic, but I think that old software/drivers disappearing is
rather sad from a historical record point of view. There are a lot of
progressive stages of technological history that will be all but lost
within a few years.

On the flip side, I completely understand why a business wouldn't want
to keep publishing copies of the outdated software. Not only does it
cost money, but it also implies that the company continues to support
the product even if they no longer do. Even a lot of open source
projects don't continue to provide source trees or binaries dating back
to the first stages of the project.

~Bradley