win95/98/ME and printers. An ethics issue comparable to DRM servers or not?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 15:16:02 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM, Luke -Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> Furthermore, the argument made by Chris does not hold water simply because
> the
> commercial developers have been paid to provide something, and anything
> paid
> for should come with some kind of warranty, not to mention ownership (or an
> equivalent license) of what has actually be paid for. Freeware, on the
> other
> hand, logically comes with absolutely no warranty.

Yeah, but Luke, we're talking about stuff that's a decade old.  Warranties
*do* end.  And as Billy Crook points out in a later message, "any
responsible printer owner has had ten years not to download copy of the
drivers."
Am I the only person who archives drivers until the hardware is gone?

--
Chris