Semi-OT: Windows98 now truly obsolete thanks to Printers (helps encourage Linux)

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 10:12:31 CDT 2008

--- On Sat, 7/26/08, Christofer C. Bell
<christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 4:12 AM, Leo Mauler
> <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > (sits back and waits for the inevitable
> > "standards printers are a better choice
> > than driver-based printers" comment from
> > someone... ;-) )
>
> No, but running a 10 year old operating system
> that has no support from anyone is foolish,
> yes.

Well, that was largely the *point* of my message, to provide another way to encourage folks still on Windows 98 to upgrade to Linux so that their ancient computers can use modern inexpensive peripherals (such as sub-$30 HP printers).  N...<an older technology mentioned in this list>...may still have uses but Windows98 certainly doesn't.