Looking for "Time Bar"-style workgroup scheduler

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 23:54:17 CDT 2008

I'm trying to organize a rehearsal schedule for a local play (Alcott Arts Center, www.alcottartscenter.org; "Taming of the Shrew" (a play about love, anger management, and identity theft), August 22nd and 23rd) in which many of the actors have time limitations on when they are available for rehearsal.

Today I was made aware of a system of employee scheduling called "Time Bar", which is represented in this Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timebar_scheduling

I think that this kind of software would be ideal for the complexity of trying to figure out which scenes can be rehearsed on which days, based on the availability of the actors on each day.  However, the Wikipedia article does not mention the software application used, and I can't seem to find any application which does "Time Bar" scheduling, Windows or Linux.

I was hoping that someone on the list had already begun to use a Linux-based application (or maybe even a Windows application that runs fine in Wine) which does "Time Bar" scheduling.