Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 22:57:29 CDT 2008

--- On Sun, 7/20/08, Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Luke -Jr
> <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:
>
> > It seems you need to review the difference
> > between nudity and porn...

> As far as what "porn" is, it's purely subjective,
> though I personally could do without the gross
> stuff

Of course, what is or is not "the gross stuff" is also purely subjective.

> Feel free to make me laugh with stories of "porn
> addictions" and so forth.

I don't doubt that, in much the same way that there are soap opera addictions, "Robot Chicken" addictions, and "Doctor Who" (and spinoffs) addictions, that there are real porn addictions.

The only real difference between all four is that the first three usually don't involve a "morality" which would be offended by the media in question, which is why porn addictions are treated as "bad", whereas experiencing withdrawal symptoms when one misses a soap opera is merely considered an eccentricity.  Either all four are (or can be) bad or none of them are (or can be) bad.