Samba Web Interface

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 20:52:18 CDT 2008

What you're thinking of is called DAV, also called "web folders".
Unfortunately I don't think it can be made to play nice with a normal
permissions structure (like a home directory) as DAV requires folders owned
by Apache (for security purposes) and mode 700 IIRC.  It's a little
complicated to figure out the first time if you're not familiar with running
HTTPS, but once it's set up it's really easy.  I used it for quite a while
to synchronize bookmarks between my home and work systems (now I use Weave).

Good luck.
J.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that