Flashing the FON device. A question about semi-automating the process if possible.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 12:27:32 CDT 2008

2 or so meetings back there was some demonstration of flashing the FON
devices thru the on board serial port. The operation as I seem to
understand it has some complexities. One of which is needing to open
circuit  a lead in the comm path until after a mode change is shown.
That indication showing on a terminal screen as a + sign if I recall
properly. Based on that having timing issues I have not yet tried a
flash here. If someone with better scripting skills than I have could
script -Monitoring for that + and thence controlling either a relay or
other switching device to make that connection. Hand tapping
connectors reminds me conceptually of "Field Flashing" older
automotive generators. Which later became obsolete for other reasons.

The summary query then becomes- I wonder if a program controlled relay
could make and break that serial path for semi-automating the flash
process.

--
Oren Beck

816.729.3645